Thunes mission is to unlock opportunities for Emerging Markets. We interconnect mobile wallet operators, corporates, merchants, money transfer operators, payment service providers and banks to unlock opportunities for businesses and individuals alike to participate in the global economy.
Providing unparalleled emerging market coverage and smarter transfer solutions for cross border payments, we enable financial inclusivity for those who need it most.
1.7 billion adults worldwide are still excluded from the global economy lacking access to any financial service. We make financial services global and accessible to everyone with our interoperable network supporting local and relevant payment and transfer methods.
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. Without a trusted, neutral and interoperable aggregator, the partners of a payment transaction would waste time and costly resources developing their connections to multiple systems. Multiple connections would also mean that these actors have to charge higher prices, which could prohibit financial inclusion and the spread of digital financial services.
We offer key payment solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
- P2P remittance processing
- Corporate mass payouts
- Digital payment services
- International Trade Invoice Payments
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE
We’re looking for a highly driven, self-motivated, technically hands-on person who is truly excited about having a meaningful impact within the company and for our network partners.
In this role, you will combine a startup mindset with the scale of an industry leader. Working with different types of partners you must remain agile and always adapt your process and mindset to the partner you are dealing with.
- Lead and deliver the integration into new partner services from the analysis phase through the integration design until go live and post-delivery monitoring
- Solution and develop ad-hoc solutions outside of the box for some special projects
- Monitor and measure the quality of service of existing partners that are already integrated to the platform
- Expand internal monitoring, reporting and operational tools and processes
- Drive partners integrating to our network providing technical expertise and support.
On a daily basis, the role will involve you to:
- Design and develop API based integrations
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the SDLC – use efficiently version control systems.
- Be customer facing – you will have a close relationship with our partners and business development teams to expand our coverage and services
- Work closely with different internal teams to understand and support operational processes and new solutions
- Always keep a solution mindset and proactively look for improvements that you can bring to the organization
- Work with an agile and expanding team
Part of Thunes culture is to value the person’s mindset, drive, and eagerness to constantly learn new things than the length of working experience, motivation and passion is the key to jump on-board!
Minimum bachelor degree in Information Technology, Engineering Computer Science or equivalent 2+ years of experience working and integrating with APIs over IP (REST, Web Services, …
- 2+ years of experience working and integrating with APIs over IP (REST, Web Services, …)
- 2+ years of experience in a B2B company supporting partners on a technical solution or service
- Experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL or other database systems
- Experience with GIT & Linux
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with Perl, Python or Go
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Demonstrate motivation to learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to work effectively, multi-task, agile and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Strong customer-focused and result-oriented mindset
- Independent and proactive - willing to get things done
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be creative, friendly and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Interest in the Fintech Industry and market innovations
33 Talent is your integrated HR partner providing bespoke recruitment, HR consultancy and coaching services into digital, data and communications across APAC and the rest of the world.
When you put people first, amazing things happen. We’re empowering people to thrive by helping employers hire, engage and unleash the best fits for their business. Please get in touch or feel free to make referrals to email@example.com - we'd love to hear from you!
33 Talent Singapore Private Limited
EA License Number 13C6298
EA Personnel: Kenny Ho R1987518