Thunes mission is to unlock opportunities for Emerging Markets. We interconnect mobile wallet operators, corporates, merchants, money transfer operators, payment service providers and banks to unlock opportunities for businesses and individuals alike to participate in the global economy.
Providing unparalleled emerging market coverage and smarter transfer solutions for cross border payments, we enable financial inclusivity for those who need it most.
1.7 billion adults worldwide are still excluded from the global economy lacking access to any financial service. We make financial services global and accessible to everyone with our interoperable network supporting local and relevant payment and transfer methods.
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. Without a trusted, neutral and interoperable aggregator, the partners of a payment transaction would waste time and costly resources developing their connections to multiple systems. Multiple connections would also mean that these actors have to charge higher prices, which could prohibit financial inclusion and the spread of digital financial services.
We offer key payment solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
• P2P remittance processing
• Corporate mass payouts
• Digital payment services
• International Trade Invoice Payments
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, this role based in Singapore will be part of our Engineering team working on our core platform and services. The ideal candidate should be highly driven, self-motivated and a technically excellent person who is truly excited about making a meaningful impact within the Company. The incumbent should combine a startup mindset with the scale of an industry leader, ensuring that the platform performs while remaining scalable, is able to deliver new functionalities, able to automate and improve development processes.
The Engineering team is responsible for developing our core business products and getting them to production in the most efficient and fastest way possible. We architect solutions, tools and platforms to solve business needs and tools around provisioning, configuration, CICD, monitoring, SLA, performance and uptime. Our team is passionate about the details and we work very closely with a wide range of stakeholders.
Although we believe that we have chosen the most optimal tech stack to solve our issues we rely on our engineers to architect and implement their own solutions. Our core services tech stack are hosted on Amazon Web. Our main tech stack consists of PostgreSQL, Perl (Mojolicious), Golang, Vue.js, Docker and Nginx.
We can offer you an environment where we have a culture of learning and feedback. You will be challenged to own your code - write, test, deploy it, multiple times per day. Our technology is used 24/7 and around the world, it needs to be reliable, secure and massively scalable. You will also need to interface with technology teams in different countries.
- Ensures technical excellence, get hands-on to work actively on our software
- Be responsible for the quality of deliverables of team
- Monitor, maintain and own the product you are working on
- Participates in the architecture design, implementation and shipping of new functionalities on our core platform (Perl), as well as new products (Golang)
- Timely delivers high quality, testable, secure, readable, scalable and documented software
- Understands, applies and champions the principles of the agile methodology (code reviews, sprint planning, pair programming, daily stand-ups, etc..)
- Assists in the evaluation of new technologies and initiative
At Thunes to ensure we set out clear expectations for the business and you to succeed, it is equally important for us in defining not only the nature of the role responsibilities but that the cultural fit in working style and approach is a match! So please read carefully below before putting yourself forward
- Part of Thunes culture is to value the person’s mindset, drive, and eagerness to constantly learn new things than the length of working experience
- Holding a degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Software engineers that are motivated, curious and have an appetite for learning
- Proficient in one or several of the following programming/scripting languages: Golang ideally, Python, Perl
- Willingness to learn Perl for working on the platform core
- Experience in designing, integrating and implementing web services and REST/JSON APIs
- Good knowledge of relational databases and messaging systems
- Good English communication skills
- Passionate about Agile Methodology and practices (TDD, CI, CD, etc...)
- Interest in the FinTech Industry and market innovations