Thunes' mission is to unlock opportunities for Emerging Markets. We interconnect mobile wallet operators, corporates, merchants, money transfer operators, payment service providers and banks to unlock opportunities for businesses and individuals alike to participate in the global economy.
Providing unparalleled emerging market coverage and smarter transfer solutions for cross border payments, we enable financial inclusivity for those who need it most.
1.7 billion adults worldwide are still excluded from the global economy lacking access to any financial service. We make financial services global and accessible to everyone with our interoperable network supporting local and relevant payment and transfer methods.
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. Without a trusted, neutral and interoperable aggregator, the partners of a payment transaction would waste time and costly resources developing their connections to multiple systems. Multiple connections would also mean that these actors have to charge higher prices, which could prohibit financial inclusion and the spread of digital financial services.
We offer key payment solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
• P2P remittance processing
• Corporate mass payouts
• Digital payment services
• International Trade Invoice Payments
Context of the role:
Reporting to the Senior Product Owner, the Product Owner is a key representative of product management and the voice of our customers, translating existing and future requirements into new features and products. The incumbent will work with the Senior Product Owner to design best-in-class platforms that drive both business growth and internal productivity. The ideal candidate will be an individual passionate about the Fintech industry, who wants to work in a disruptive, fast-growing and exciting environment.
This is a role based in Singapore that encompasses regional responsibilities - leading global initiatives to drive business growth worldwide. You will interact with numerous nationalities and work closely with cross-functional teams stationed in our different offices to deliver MVPs & new solutions, on time and within budget.
The Product team is responsible for expanding Thunes’ reach and deepening customer engagement through the delivery of new products. This role will encompass regional responsibilities to drive and support business growth globally as well as lead some global initiatives. You’ll meet and interact with numerous nationalities and will be a decisive contributor from the start.
- Assists in product design and development
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders to translate requirements into detailed user stories that can be executed by the development team
- Maintains and reports on development status using burn down and velocity charts
- Contributes to the product backlog and roadmap
- Be available to the development team continuously and be a subject matter expert on customer needs, feature intent, and product domain
- Maps business processes, workflow models and wireframes where necessary in partnership with stakeholders within and outside Thunes
- Participates in Agile/Scrum ceremonies such as pre and iteration planning, daily stand ups, showcases and retrospectives
- Builds, maintains, and prioritizes the team backlog to produce the greatest organisational value in a release
- Engages and influences peers & executives across Thunes worldwide to make the regional product deployment a success
- Works with Marketing and Business Development partners to drive product take-up
- Supports sales and marketing events with demonstrations of new products and features
What we are looking for:
- Strong academic background BA/BS in technical engineering, business field or comparable experience
- Result-oriented with at least 4 years of experience and a proven track record in the financial services and/or payment industry, ideally in Business Payments and/or International Transfers
- Strong analytical skills, creative, detail oriented, and solid problem-solving skills with a passion for new technologies
- High level of energy and can efficiently drive projects to conclusion through proactive planning and holding stakeholders accountable
- Strategic thinker who appreciates the business impact and commercial challenges, and has the ability to see through problems to get solutions done
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are critical to craft clear requirements and expertly communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to speak Mandarin will be an advantage
- Ability to develop and articulate well thought out business case and its financial / bottom line impacts
- Experience producing product artifacts, including use cases, product requirements, user journeys, high-level wireframes, etc
- Good experience with Agile development methodologies
- Familiar with APIs as producer and consumer, knows what makes an API better
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
33 Talent is your integrated HR partner providing bespoke recruitment, HR consultancy and coaching services into digital, data and communications across APAC and the rest of the world.
When you put people first, amazing things happen. We’re empowering people to thrive by helping employers hire, engage and unleash the best fits for their business. Please get in touch or feel free to make referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to hear from you!
33 Talent Singapore Private Limited
EA License Number 13C6298
EA Personnel: Kenny Ho R1987518