Thunes' mission is to help businesses and their customers around the world participate in the global economy by providing them fast and affordable cross-border payments. We interconnect banks, payment service providers, mobile wallet operators, money transfer operators and platforms to unlock opportunities for businesses and individuals alike.
By providing unparalleled emerging market coverage and smarter transfer solutions for cross border payments, we enable financial inclusivity for those who need it the most.
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. We offer end-to-end payments solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
- Business payments
- Remittance processing
- Mass payouts
- Virtual accounts / invoice payments
Context of the role
Thunes is well-known in the cross-border payments market and is rapidly expanding worldwide. For that to continue we need to expand our network to enable payments in more local markets, scale and automate our platforms and launch innovative products that serve our customers and drive business growth. You will be a key driver of this growth. You will work with highly skilled engineers and a strong cross-functional team. You’ll meet and interact with numerous nationalities and you will be a decisive contributor from the start whilst holding a position in a unique, young and fast-growing FinTech company.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Director is a key representative of our customers needs. By leveraging technology, the Product Director’s goal is to serve customers better and bring value to the business. You will play a vital role in steering Thunes' products and in maximising the value of our services to our customers and internal stakeholders, by leveraging data.
As a Product Director in Thunes, you will have all the tools and freedom to be end-to-end responsible and accountable for your product. You will start from the idea validation and go through the whole product development lifecycle, from turning an idea into requirements and technical user stories through to market and feedback ultimately being the champion of your product internally and externally.
You need to have a passion for FinTech and have some experience in dealing with Treasury/Accounting/FX and understand the basics of money movement flows. For your first product, your main stakeholders will be the Treasury team in multiple Thunes’ offices, but also senior stakeholders, finance, business development, marketing and tech. You need to build the product vision for Treasury, the product roadmap and drive its implementation.
- Own the Treasury global product vision and roadmap
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders to translate their requirements into detailed user stories
- Drive a Treasury cross-functional team towards implementing the product vision, be a subject matter expert for the organization, providing insights, context and additional information as needed
- Builds, maintains, and prioritizes the team backlog to produce the greatest organisational value in a release
- Be available to the development team continuously and be a subject matter expert on customer needs, feature intent, and product domain
- Maximize the business results and customer value resulting from the development and deployment of treasury specific products by making trade-off decisions as needed
- Participates in Agile/Scrum ceremonies such as pre and iteration planning, daily stand ups, showcases and retrospectives
- Commercialize treasury products and expose APIs or interfaces to Thunes’ customers
- Supports sales and marketing events with demonstrations of new products and features
What we are looking for
- Strong academic background in technical engineering, business field or comparable experience
- Results-oriented with at least 5 years of experience and a proven track record in the financial services and/or payment industry importantly in Treasury and FX space
- Strong analytical skills, creative, detail oriented, and solid problem-solving skills with a passion for new technologies
- Strategic thinker who appreciates the business impact and commercial challenges, and has the ability to see through problems to get solutions done
- Project management experience and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Experience with customer advocacy, self-directed improvement efforts, AI and ML is preferred
- Experience in a start-up, small or high-growth company environment is preferred
- Familiar with Agile/Lean product development practices, have experience in working with teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to develop and articulate well thought out business cases and its financial / bottom line impact
- Familiar with APIs as producer and consumer, knows what makes an API better
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are critical to craft clear requirements and expertly communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
33 Talent is your integrated HR partner providing bespoke recruitment, HR consultancy and coaching services into digital, data and communications across APAC and the rest of the world.
When you put people first, amazing things happen. We’re empowering people to thrive by helping employers hire, engage and unleash the best fits for their business. Please get in touch or feel free to make referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to hear from you!
33 Talent Singapore Private Limited
CEI Number: Prerna Agarwal
EA License Number: 13C6298